AirPods and iPhones go together like chocolate and peanut butter. While most of the time you’ll have little trouble pairing your AirPods to your iPhone, you might find that the earbuds won’t pair properly or they’ve been already connected to another device. Here is how to seamlessly pair the two.
Remember: these steps work for the smaller, earbud-type AirPods. Read on for information on how to pair with the AirPods Max.
To connect, you can follow these steps:
- Make sure your AirPods are charged and in their case.
- Unlock your iPhone and open the lid of the case.
- Hold the case close to your iPhone. A setup animation should appear on your iPhone’s screen.
- Tap on “Connect” to pair.
If the setup animation doesn’t appear, follow these steps:
- Go to the Home screen on your iPhone.
- Tap on “Settings.”
- Tap on “Bluetooth.”
- Make sure Bluetooth is turned on.
- Open the lid of the AirPods case.
- Press and hold the button on the back of the case until the status light starts flashing white.
- Your AirPods should appear in the list of available devices on your iPhone.
- Tap on your AirPods in the list to connect them to your iPhone.
Click to watch the video version of this post here!
How to connect your AirPods Max to your iPhone
To connect AirPods Max to an iPhone without a case, you can follow these steps:
- Make sure your AirPods Max are turned on and in pairing mode. To put your AirPods Max into pairing mode, press and hold the noise control button until the status light flashes white.
- On your iPhone, go to the Home screen and swipe down from the top right corner to open the Control Center.
- Press and hold the “Audio” card in the upper-right corner of the Control Center.
- In the expanded audio controls, tap on the AirPods Max icon to connect them to your iPhone.
Alternatively, you can also connect your AirPods Max to your iPhone by going to Settings > Bluetooth and selecting your AirPods Max from the list of available devices.