While AirPods are designed to work seamlessly with Apple devices, they can still work with Android devices, but with limited functionality. AirPods work well with almost any phone but Apple has built special software to interact with AirPods. That said, it’s quite simple to connect your AirPods to an Android phone.
To connect AirPods to an Android phone, you can follow these steps:
- Make sure your AirPods are charged and in their case.
- On your Android phone, go to the Home screen and swipe down from the top to open the notification panel.
- Tap on the Bluetooth icon to turn on Bluetooth.
- Open the lid of your AirPods case and press and hold the button on the back of the case until the status light starts flashing white.
- On your Android phone, go to Settings > Bluetooth.
- Your AirPods should appear in the list of available devices. Tap on your AirPods to connect them to your Android phone.
- If prompted, enter the PIN “0000” to pair your AirPods with your Android phone.
Click to watch the video version of this post here!
Once your AirPods are connected, you can use them to listen to music, make phone calls, and more. Note that some features, such as Siri integration and automatic ear detection, may not be available when using AirPods with an Android phone.