When it comes to being outdoors in the summertime, invariably you end up needing some sort of waterproof cover for your phone, whether you’re at the beach or just get caught in a rainstorm. For me, when I’m leading a creek walking activity, I’ve used a phone pouch that is basically a heavy-duty ziptop bag. Then again, you could opt for something like BOTE Hitchhiker that doesn’t look like a sandwich bag hanging from your neck.
BOTE Hitchhiker: Waterproof
Basically, the BOTE Hitchhiker is a sling / pouch that is fully waterproof, even with the zipper opening. It’s a perfect size to hold your phone, and possibly a slim battery pack as well. It will keep your phone safe and dry, and you won’t look weird wearing it even when you’re away from the water. In our book, that makes it a solid option for summertime if you’re going to be going anywhere near the water.
If you’ve already got some BOTE gear, then the fact that it’s compatible with their MAGNEPOD magnetic attachment system. For everyone else, it’s more a matter of figuring out which color/pattern (there are 5 styles at the moment) that work for you. If you want to add one to your summer carry, they’re going for $70 directly from boteboard.com
Details from BOTE
- Fully Waterproof
- MAGNEPOD™ Compatible
- Includes Carry Strap to Wear Multiple Ways
- Interior Mesh Pocket for Storage + Organization
- Includes Removable Velcro Strap, Up to Two Hitchhiker Packs Can Be Attached to the Travelink™ Carry Sling
- Fits most phone sizes (tested with iPhone 14 Plus with standard case)
- Inner Dimensions: 7″ W × 4″ H × 1.5″ D
- 100% nylon seam-welded construction with double-sided TPU coating