Most of the time, if you’re getting a pair of binoculars, the thought of how you’re going to carry them with you doesn’t go much further than the strap that goes around your neck, and perhaps the case that they come in to protect the glass. If you’re outdoors a lot and need a way to keep those binoculars closely at hand, then the Forloh Method Bino Harness might be worth checking out.
What is the Forloh Method Bino Harnes?
At it’s core, the Forloh Method Bino Harness is a chest-mounted panel that straps around your body, giving you a handy pocket up front to drop your binoculars in. With that, you’re also getting additional loops and attachment points to carry additional items in the harness.
Forloh Method Bino Harnes: Why we think it’s great
If you’ve done any amount of hiking with a pair of binoculars, you know that they can end up banging around. For me, if it’s a more challenging scramble, I end up with one hand sort of holding the binoculars in place (and not banging into me or a rock), or they get dumped into a bag. With this, you keep the binoculars always at the ready, held firmly in place so they’re not banging into anything. With the magnetic closure on the flap, you’re also ensured that the binoculars are protected from the elements.
How do you get one?
That is pretty simple – just take $199 and head on over to Forloh to get your Forloh Method Bino Harnes. And yes, at that price, this is not for the occasional day hike. This is something intended for regular, almost daily use. If that’s you, though, this looks like it’ll get the job done quite handily. forloh.com
Details from Forloh
- One-handed, forward opening design with full-coverage flap and magnetic ‘snap’ closure
- Durable & Lightweight
- Waterproof, 210d Double-Sided Diamond Ripstop 100% Nylon
- Detachable Ultralight, Breathable Spacer Mesh Back Panel
- Secure Bino Leash Built with Elastic & 550 Cord
- YKK® Zippers
- Multiple Molle Attachment Points
- Padded Cell Phone Zipper Pouch
- Slim/Low Profile Design
- Rangefinder & Accessory Pouches Available
- Available in Exposed and Deep Cover
- 100% USA-made
- 100% Sourced and Manufactured in the USA
- 8” High x 6” Wide x 2.5” Deep
- Pouch 13 OZ
- Harness 5.4 OZ
- OSFM 8x & 10x Class Binoculars
Watch the video version of this post here: