Two years ago, we went hands on with the NOCS Provisions Standard Issue waterproof binoculars (you can see that here). We came away quite impressed with the compact binoculars, and they’ve been part of my “going outdoors” kit ever since. If you like the concept, but were hoping for something a little bit bigger, then you’ll want to check out the new NOCS Provisions Field Issue Binoculars.
NOCS Provisions Field Issue Binoculars: Size
As with the Standard Issue, these binoculars are waterproof, meaning you don’t need to worry about getting caught in the rain with them. While those came in at 8×25, the new NOCS Provisions Field Issue Binoculars come in at 8×32 or 10×32. What does that mean? You’ve got a larger lens to work with, meaning more light is going to be able to come in.
Accordingly, that means the NOCS Provisions Field Issue Binoculars cost a bit more than the Standard Issue. These come in at $175, available in two magnifications, and three different colors across each. We’re working on getting in a pair to test and compare to the Standard Issue; in the meantime, you can check them out over at nocsprovisions.com
Click to watch the video version of this post here!v
Details from NOCS Provisions
- Oversized Focus Wheel:
- Designed from the ground up for ultra smooth, ultra precise focusing. By fine tuning the wheel resistance and leverage ratio of the central focusing mechanism, the Field Issue allows for exacting visual adjustments from 9.3ft to infinity.
- HiFi Fully Multi Coated Lens Array: Rich Color Representation
- With a unique lens coating formula designed for an exceptional light transmittance rate for its compact size, the Field Issue provides a rich color reproduction for bright, sharp views from edge to edge of the wide field of view.
- Lightweight Frame: Goes The Distance
- Weighing in at only 11.8oz or 334 grams, the Field Issue uses a medical grade, ultra rugged thermoplastic frame to house the optical system. We designed this for all-day glassing missions and foot powered travel to remote locations, where every ounce makes a difference.
- Waterproof + Fogproof: Lab Tested and Rated
- Like the rest of our binocular line, the Field Issue is lab rated IPX7, meaning it can take a smattering of dust, water, and humidity and continue to perform. Submersible in up to three feet of water and nitrogen sealed to prevent internal condensation, these can be brought along for any adventure.
- Rugged Wave Grip: Refined Feel and Drop Tested
- No slip in the palm, engineered to protect the optics, this evolved design provides a comfortable feel in hand and a build that dissipates impact forces on the optical system.
- Multi Stop Twist Up Eyecups: See It All
- The eyecup assembly of the Field Issue allows for a perfect fit on every face. With or without glasses, the multi stop twist up eyecup mechanism provides three distinct positions to optimize viewing for all.
- Snap a Photo: Shot on Nocs
- The Field Issue was designed to accommodate smartphone photography and videography. Just line up your smartphone to capture the moment and share.