We’re used to seeing partnerships between brands, usually pushing a particular bit of IP or content onto an existing hardware. What we’ve not seen as much is collaboration between two hardware brands. Well, now we’ve got one that’s truly “Designed for Xbox“, the Audeze x Microsoft Maxwell Headset.
Watch the video version of this post below
What is the Audeze x Microsoft Maxwell Headset?
At it’s core, the Audeze x Microsoft Maxwell Headset is the Audeze Maxwell that has been around for a little bit. What’s new here, of course, is the “Ultraviolet” skin that’s been applied. That’s the name for the metallic oil slick color scheme that shows up on the headband and earcups of the headset. It’s a bit bold for my taste in headsets, but I will not deny that it’s definitely crisp and attention-grabbing.
What about the tech?
Well, given the “Designed for Xbox” tag, you know that these are going to work with your console right out of the box. They’ll also work with your PC, Mac, tablet, and phone as well given the bluetooth built in, as well as the lag-free 2.4GHz option. There’s a Dolby license coming along for the ride, which means those massive 90mm drivers are going to be pushing some serious sound effects to your eardrums.
How do I get the Audeze x Microsoft Maxwell Headset?
Well, the Headset isn’t actually available yet. It’s up for pre-order for $329 (a $30 premium over their standard version) with delivery anticipated for August 15th. If you want to get your order in, you can do that directly at audeze.com
- 80 hr+ Battery Life with Fast Charge for all day play in 20 min.
- Award-winning Audeze 90mm Planar Magnetic Drivers.
- Ultra-Low Latency Wireless with 3X range of traditional 2.4Ghz.
- First-in-Class Bluetooth 5.3 supports LE Audio, LC3plus, LDAC.
- Class-Leading High-Resolution Audio up to 24-bit/96kHz.
- Embedded Dolby Atmos® License.
- All-New reinforced chassis built with Aluminum and Steel.
- FILTER™ Noise Reduction Technology for clear communications.