Yesterday, we reviewed a pair of true wireless earbuds with active noise cancellation from Monoprice (you can see that here). If you like the idea of an affordable pair of noise-cancelling headphones, but prefer something that sits over your ears (as opposed to inside like an earbud), then you’ll want to have a look at the Monoprice SYNC-ANC Bluetooth Headphones.
While the design of the Monoprice SYNC-ANC Bluetooth Headphones looks familiar to me, I can’t quite place where the inspiration is. Then again, a padded headband ending in black padded earcups, well, that describes a lot of over-ear headphones, doesn’t it? Of course, the trick here is that they don’t require a wired connection (though, if you want to, you’re able to use a 3.5mm connection).
The Monoprice SYNC-ANC Bluetooth Headphones has a few tricks up it’s sleeves that I’ve come to appreciate on the headphones I use most regularly. One, of course, is the bluetooth connection, and the ability to be connected to two devices at the same time (say, your laptop and your phone). Second, you’ve got active noise cancellation, which is a must for work-from-home. Here, it’s not just for blocking out the noise that reaches your ears, but also for what the mic picks up and sends back out on the call. Last, then, is the ability to use a wired connection, whether that’s just your preference or you’re trying to extend battery life (unclear if they’ll work as a regular headphone if the battery was completely dead).
It’s a little interesting that Monoprice doesn’t list out the driver sizes for these headphones, but coming in at $59.99 they might be worth taking a flier on. Are they good enough to replace my current affordable favorite the Q35s? We’re not sure, but we are working on getting in a review unit. In the meantime, if you want to try it out, you can get them directly at monoprice.com
Tech Specs from Monoprice
- P/N: 43251
- Bluetooth® Version: 5
- Bluetooth Chipset: Qualcomm® QCC3005
- Bluetooth Range: Up to 32 feet (10 meters)
- Supported Bluetooth Profiles: HSP, HFP, AVRCP, A2DP
- Bluetooth Pairing Name: MP43251
- Supported Audio Codecs: aptXTM Low Latency, aptXTM, AAC, SBC
- Battery Type: 3.7V Lithium‐ion
- Battery Capacity: 400mAh
- Charging Time: About 2.5 hours
- Standby Time: About 400 hours
- Playback/Talk Time
- About 20 hours (50% volume, ANC OFF, BT ON)
- About 10 hours (50% volume, ANC ON, BT ON)
- About 14 hours (50% volume, ANC ON, BT OFF)
- Dimensions 8.3″ x 6.1″ x 3.3″ (210 x 155 x 83 mm)
- Weight 9.5 oz. (269 g)