While it’s great to get out on the water and do some paddling on your kayak or paddleboard, sometimes, your arms get a bit tired. Maybe you’re fighting the current, the wind, or it’s just been a long day. Well, if you’ve got an APEX board or kayak from BOTE, some battery-powered assistance has just arrived with the BOTE Bixby J-2.
BOTE Bixby J-2
With the BOTE Bixby J-2, you’ve got a battery-powered motor that will clip right into place, allowing you to go as fast as 9 MPH, or keep it light and easy and troll along for up to 12 hours. Oh, and that speed? It’s not all just forward – you get 12 forward speeds, and an additional 3 speeds in reverse. So, helpful for when you nose into the bank to check things out.
APEX-series board or kayak from BOTE
Again, this is for those with an APEX-series board or kayak from BOTE. If you’ve got one of those, you can shout out “I have the power!” as you zip along without dipping a paddle in the water. If that’s what you’re looking for, you can pick up the BOTE Bixby J-2 for $1,399, or $1,499 with the additional steering kit. Check it out over at boteboard.com
Click for the video version of this review here!
Tech Specs from BOTE
- Runs for approximately 80 minutes at top speed and up to 12 hours at slower speeds
- Ultralight setup (weighs just 10 lb including battery and motor)
- Operates via wireless remote control with 12 forward speeds and 3 reverse speeds
- Waterproof and dirt-proof with corrosion-resistant components
- Outboard Power Pack and remote control float in case of accidental slippage
- Built-in wire harness with 1.5m (5′) power cable included for hassle-free connection to your adapter